Updated at 10:45 p.m. EDT, Aug. 18, 2007
In what was an unusually quiet Saturday, at least 32 Iraqis were killed and 46 more were wounded in the latest attacks. No foreign military deaths were reported.
Three bodies, all bearing gunshots to the head, were found in Iskandariya.
A police officer was killed in a drive-by shooting in Hilla.
U.S. forces and the Mahdi Army fought in Kut, but no casualties were as yet reported.
A sniper near Fallujah, in the Al Bu Awda area, wounded two police recruits.
A civilian was wounded in Ankawa when gunmen opened fire.
Over the past three days, Iran has been intermittently shelling positions in northeast Iraq. Two women were wounded.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018