Updated at 7:20 p.m. EST, Dec. 9, 2006
A pair of separate car bombs, including one near an important shrine, added to today’s tally of Iraqi victims of violence. Overall, at least 59 Iraqis were killed or found dead and another 51 were wounded. Also, U.S. military authorities reported that one Marine died today in Fallujah, raising the number of U.S. dead in December to 38 servicemembers. And early reports state that U.S. soldiers mistakenly killed three Iraqi soldiers during a raid in Dulouiya.
In Baghdad, at least 39 bodies were dumped in various locations. Mortars fell on the Shi’ite district of Kadhimiya, killing two and wounding three others. Also, primary school headmaster, Yussif Faraj al-Shimari was shot dead in the Doura neighborhood.
A suicide car bomber killed seven, including himself and wounded 44 at the Abassi market in the Shi’ite holy city of Kerbala.
A roadside bomb in Rashad wounded a policeman.
Gunmen killed four people, including a ten-year-old girl, in separate acts in Baquba.
And one civilian was abducted in Kirkuk.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018