Yesterday I found two news items, one from Georgia, one from South Carolina, about local governments trying to prevent their local military bases from facing Rumsfeld’s budget ax. There have also been a few others in recent weeks that I can recall. After a quick Google search, we found stories from about 2/3 of the states in the United States. On that note, here is a list of states linked to the appropriate stories about governments in this war-driven economy trying to hold on to their states’ branch of the death industry.
Read more by Jeremy Sapienza
- They Don’t Value Life? – October 7th, 2010
- Another Iraq Exit Strategy – December 13th, 2004
- Rafah: The Movie – May 22nd, 2004
- US Soldiers Puzzled by Iraqi Resistance to Censorship – April 23rd, 2004
- ‘Antiwar Protesters’ Trash 9/11 Memorial – March 11th, 2003